Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Season of Mourning is Over



For the past few months, I have been mourning the loss of what could have been. I mourned over the dreams that died when my wife chose to walk away from God, walk away from her vows, and leave me for another man.

Now, however, I get the feeling deep inside that the season of mourning is over. God is bringing healing, and it is time to get on with the business of living, not just surviving.

God has given me so many blessings. He forgave my sin, healed my broken heart and restored all the years that sin had taken from me. He further promises that He will give me a future and a hope. How can I not praise Him with all my heart, mind, body, and soul?

Every day is a new adventure with Christ as my source. It is time to stop looking back at the past hurts, and look forward to the future that God has prepared for me. As Paul said, “Forgetting what is behind and straining towards what is ahead, I press on towards the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 3:14-15).

Paul was talking about our sin, but I also believe this can refer to anything that holds us back from going forward with God. Grief is natural, and you can't shortcut it. But, sometimes in our flesh, we prolong the grieving process. There needs to be time to grieve, but at some point, we have to stand up, put one foot in front of the other, and start moving forward.

My future starts today. Today, I reaffirm my commitment to Christ, and to His plan for my life. I do not know what the future holds, but I know that as I follow Him, I will find peace and contentment.

So, the season of mourning has ended, and the season of dancing, praising, and worshiping God is beginning anew. Only God knows what wondrous future He has prepared for me on earth, and in heaven. I am looking forward to the journey, and a fresh start.

I can tell you from experience that God is a God of second chances. My fresh start, my second chance, begins, today. I only pray that I can remain faithful to Him, and His purpose for my life.

If you have been mourning the loss of a loved one or the death of a marriage, rise up and declare that the season of mourning has ended. Allow God to give you a fresh start, and watch what He will do for and through you.

1 comment:

  1. I wish you the best of luck in whatever life may bring Mark.

    Lee

    ReplyDelete